Can I change a flight I already booked?
Suppose you want to spend your vacation on an island, but suddenly your health deteriorates, and you have to halt the plan. You want to change the flight to another date. How can you do that?
You certainly have a doubt about change already booked flight. If you are also in that situation, then this article will help you.
What are the policies to change the flight?
Every airline, basically the major Airlines, allows their passengers to change a flight already booked. There are certain rules and regulations which you must follow to change the flight. These rules are
- If you change the flight within 24 hours of booking, then this might cost you no extra charge on major airlines. You can check the fare chart of the respective airlines for more details.
- If you change or cancel the flights after 24 hours, then you will have to pay a flight changing charge.
- You will get only a one-time changing facility in your booking. So check your time one more time before the booking.
- If you are from the business class or have some airline premium membership, then you might not have to pay a charge.
What is the process to change the flight which is already booked?
In the top-notch Airlines of the world, you can change already booked flight, by various means, such as Via-managed booking, via phone call, etc. Detailed information on the processes is described below.
Via Manage booking option: You should know that via 'manage booking' you can do a lot of customization in the reservation. change a flight is also comes under that. You change the booking date by using the following methods:
- Open a browser and then visit your preferred airline's official website.
- Now, after opening the homepage, go to the 'Manage booking' option. It may be renamed in other names such as My trips, Manage trips, etc. click on that.
- Now you have to enter your details, such as booking no. and the passenger's last name.
- Retrieve booking.
- Now select the trip, one way or round trip.
- Now you can see the option to change your flight date.
- Click on that, and when you have to select the right date.
- Now click on save and pay the fees if you have to.
- After the booking change is complete, you may get an email on your registered email id.
Via call: You can also call them to change already booked flight . If you want to change the flight, you must contact the respective airlines. You can follow the simple steps to get their number and make a call.
- Go to your chosen airline's official website, with which you have booked your ticket.
- Now go to the 'help' or 'contact us,' whichever is on the airline's website.
- After you clock on that, you will get the airline's phone number.
- You have to dial it and listen to the IVR carefully.
- Then you must enter the right key to talk to the customer service representative.
- Tell him he will change the flight.
So these are the main ways you can use to change a flight Which has already been booked. Always remember the policies before changing the flight. For any doubt, visit their website, or make a call to them.