How can I pick my seats with Delta Airlines?
You can pick your seats at Delta Airlines online at the time of check-in itself. Web check-in is allowed 24 hours before the Flight's scheduled departure. So you can reserve your favorite seat as early as 24 hours before the departure for a comfortable journey. However, if you have not picked a seat during check-in, you can proceed with Delta seat selection through the Manage Booking option as stated below.
- Open the website of Delta Airlines www.delta.com
- Click the My Trips option in the Menu Bar.
- Enter the Confirmation Number and Name to search for your booking details.
- Mark the Flight in which you want to select the seat and click the Add Services option.
- Click the Seat selection option, pick a seat from the available options, and proceed to the payments page.
- Make the required payment online, and your seat is confirmed.
- You will receive an endorsement email stating the same.
What is Delta Airlines seat selection policy and Fee?
You can read the Delta Airlines seat selection policy and fee structure mentioned below before selecting a seat to see the rules applicable to your current situation.
- The seats at Delta Airlines will be assigned only after check-in.
- If a passenger changes the Flight or seat selection once purchased, then he/she will not be provided with any refunds for the original purchase.
- Delta Airlines reserves the right to assign or reassign the upgraded seat at any time, even after boarding.
- If you want a seat near the emergency exit, you must be able to comprehend instructions for operating the emergency exit.
- Passengers seeking seats near the Emergency Exit must be able to understand and speak English.
- You do not need to pay any seat selection charges if you pick your seat within 24 hours of booking.
- You must pay a charge of approximately USD 15 for seat selection after 24 hours of booking.
What is a preferred seat on Delta?
Preferred seats at Delta Airlines are not the seats in a particular row or column but the option to select a seat like an aisle, window, exit row, or in the front row of the plane, which a passenger can choose according to their convenience at no extra cost.\
What is Delta's Basic Economy?
The BasicEconomy seats at Delta Airlines are the low-cost seats for passengers who don't anticipate changes to their itinerary. These tickets are mostly preferred by solo travelers with minimum luggage. It is to be noted that Delta doesn't allow free changes and cancellations to Basic Economy Tickets.
Does Delta Basic Economy guarantee a seat?
Yes, Delta Basic Economy guarantees a seat to such ticket holders. You can proceed with Delta Basic Economy Seat Selection at the time of web/ online check-in by paying the appropriate charges; otherwise, you will be allotted a random seat while checking in at the Departure Airport.
Do you need to pay to pick your seat on Delta?
You need not pay any charges for seat selection at Delta Airlines if you select a seat within 24 hours of purchase. The Seat election fees are applicable when you require to purchase your preferred seat after 24 hours of the booking.