How long can someone hold a flight reservation?
If you plan to go somewhere but are unsure of the date, you can put your flight reservation on hold. Most Airlines provide the service of putting your tickets on hold. However, there are also terms associated with the condition and duration of the hold. The process to hold a flight reservation is easy and convenient. Most Airlines provide this service for free. You can put their ticket on hold for 24 hours, after which you will be charged a certain amount by the airline. One of the benefits you get from holding your ticket is that you are no longer susceptible to price fluctuation. You have to pay the price there on the day of holding the ticket. You can follow the given instructions to hold your Airline tickets online:
How to hold airline tickets online?
- You have to go to the website of the Airlines.
- Then you have to fill in all the required details.
- Then you will be taken to the payment page.
- You have to choose the hold option. This way, you can hold your ticket for up to 24 hours. If you want to hold the ticket for more than 24 hours, you need to pay a certain amount. This way you can book your ticket for a maximum period of one week.
If you want to extend your hold on the ticket for more than 24 hours, then you have to follow the given instructions:
- You have to visit the website of the Airlines
- You have to select the option manage booking
- Under manage booking, you will get the option of extending the hold
- After that, you will be redirected to the payment page; you have to make the non-refundable payment.
Then you are eligible for the extension. Here you have to put one thing in mind, most Airlines allow an extension of 7 days or less. After that, you can not hold your ticket.
How to hold flight tickets for free?
You can hold any ticket for free for up to 24 hours. Most Airlines provide this facility with certain terms and conditions. If you want to hold their ticket for free, you can follow the given instructions:
- You have to visit the website of the Airlines.
- Then you have to fill out the form and submit it.
- Once submitted, it will redirect you to the payment page
- Here you have to select the hold option. After selecting it, you will become eligible to hold a ticket for free. This will be valid only for 24 hours.
Which Airlines allow you to hold a reservation?
American Airlines: if you book a ticket at least seven days in advance, they give you the option to hold your reservation up to 24 hours for free. You can avail this feature through their website.
Delta Airlines: Delta also provides the facility of holding your ticket for 24 hours.
Emirates Airlines: It provides 72 hours window to its passengers for holding their tickets. There is one benefit as well. If the price of the ticket increases, in that case, the passenger needs not to pay the extra amount.
Korean Airlines: it has the most flexible policy regarding holding a ticket. They provide you with 30 days. You can book their ticket free of cost for up to 30 days.
United Airlines: it provides a window of 14 days till which you can hold their ticket. They also have a very flexible policy for holding your reservation.
Alaska Airlines: has a policy of 24 hours for holding its ticket. After which, you have to pay extra if you want more extensions in the period.
Spirit Airlines: it also allows a 24-hour holding of the ticket.