Guide to change name on Delta Airlines ticket
If you made a reservation with Delta Airlines and entered the wrong information on your flight ticket, then no problem as you make the changes and correct the name. However, you have to pay some charges if you change the name after 24 hours of making the reservation. To get more information about it, read the below information.
Name correction policy of Delta Airlines
You should read the policy to know more when you enter the wrong name on your Delta flight and want to correct it. Following are the points from the airline policy regarding the name change:
- You can only make changes to up to 3 characters in the name.
- If you fail the name verification process, you must pay some extra charges or might be unable to board the flight.
- If you change your name legally, you must provide the relevant documents and correct the correction for free.
- The airline provides free name change within 24 hours of booking the flight.
How to change the name on Delta Airlines flight ticket?
You can change names on your Delta flight in two ways. To know about the instructions, you can read the given information and use any of the methods:
Online Method -
If you have entered the wrong name on your Delta Airlines flight ticket, then no problem, as the airline also provides the option to correct or change it. If you do not know how to change your name on a Delta Airlines ticket, then you can follow the given instructions:
- Visit the official website of Delta Airlines using your web browser.
- Tap on the "Manage my booking" option.
- Type your "Last name" and "Booking reference number or ticket number."
- Then you have to click on the option "Change personal information."
- Correct the mistake in your name (Note- You can only change three characters)
- Pay the fees shown on the screen.
- After that, you will get a message on your registered email regarding the updated information on your ticket.
Offline Method -
If the online method does not work, you do not have to worry, as there is another method through which you can change the name. You can contact customer service, and they will help you. Following are the steps through which you can call the airline to change your name:
- Call Delta Airlines' phone number (800-221-1212).
- Select language and choose the IVR button to change information on ticket.
- Then you will get associated with a representative from the airline.
- Provide the ticket details to the representative and explain your problem.
- After that, the customer service representative will help you correct the ticket's name.
How much fee do I have to pay to change the name on the Delta ticket?
While making a reservation with Delta Airlines, if you have entered the wrong name on your flight, then to correct the information, you have to pay some fees. The fees are around $50, depending upon the arrival destination and the price difference. You can pay the amount online using your credit or debit card.
Hopefully, now you must have understood how you can change name on Delta ticket and the fees to change it. However, if there is any problem, you can contact customer service.