Spirit Airlines Missed Flight Policy
If you have a Spirit flight departure and, due to traffic, you cannot reach the airport on time and you missed flight Spirit, then you can book the next available flight to your destination. Spirit has maintained a “missed policy” for travelers that must be followed to reschedule their flights. The procedure and all other relevant information are provided in the forthcoming section.
What happens if you miss a flight on Spirit?
Steps to reschedule a missed flight on Spirit:
Customers are required to follow the below-mentioned steps to reschedule their missed flights:
- Visit the official Spirit Airlines website.
- Select the option of “My trips” from the top menu bar.
- In order to find your trip, you must enter the flight confirmation code and the passenger's last name and press the continue-button.
- Once you login into your account, You need to click on the booking you wish to reschedule and press the “change flight” option.
- Search flight to your destination and select the desired option on your preferred-date.
- If the fare of the new ticket is more than the original, then you must pay the remaining amount; otherwise, your money will be refunded to the original mode of payment.
Do you get charged if you miss a flight spirit?
If you missed your flight due to any reason, then you will be considered a “no-show” at the airport. According to Spirit Airlines' missed policy, customers can reschedule their flight by paying additional charges. The fares differ according to time and traveling destination distance. The approximate fee that must be paid by the passenger for rescheduling of flight is $150-$200. If any passenger wishes to know the exact fare for rescheduling their missed flight, then they can contact customer care by dialing: 855-728-3555; the facilities are available 24/7 to resolve the problems of the travelers. If you missed a flight due to any medical reason, then you will be refunded in the form of travel vouchers if you link the medical documents, and you will not be charged rescheduling fares.
Will Spirit cancel my return flight if I miss my flight?
If any passenger has booked a two-way Spirit Airlines flight ticket and, due to a crowd at security check, he missed his flight, and he is now confused about whether his return ticket will be canceled or not, then under certain cases, the airline cancels your remaining reservation. Passengers must take note that they notify the airline about the same to get a refund for unused tickets. If the flight reservation was made using miles, then they will not be refunded to the customers.