Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy and Fees
Are you traveling with Spirit Airlines and do not know about the airline's baggage policy and fees? You can learn about the Spirit Airlines baggage policy by reading the full article below. Along with the baggage policy, you can also find other baggage-related information in this article.
What is Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy?
- Passengers can carry with them one personal item free of cost. This personal item could be a laptop, backpack, handbag, camera, etc.
- The personal item should have a maximum dimension of 18*14*8 inches 46*36*20 centimeters.
- Passengers can carry one small carry-on item for which they must pay a charge, which may vary according to the dimensions.
- A carry-on baggage must have a dimension of 22*18*1o inches or 56*46*25 centimeters.
- A carry-on baggage must fit under the seat in front of the passenger or the overhead storage bin.
- As per Spirit Airlines baggage policy, passengers can carry 2 to 5 checked baggage.
- The checked baggage must not exceed the weight limit of 18 kilograms. Also, it should have a maximum total dimension of 157 centimeters or 62 inches.
How much are Spirit Airlines baggage fees?
The fees for Spirit Airlines baggage are different for carry-on and checked baggage. Read below to understand the baggage fee structure in detail.
- The checked baggage fee varies according to the time of purchase and the number of bags.
- The fee for the first checked bag is 40 USD prior to online check-in. You must pay 30 USD during booking for your checked baggage. You need to pay 40 USD during online check-in and 50 USD at the airport or kiosk machine.
- The checked baggage fee for your second bag is 40 USD during the booking. You must pay 50 USD before online check-in. During online check-in, you must pay 50 USD, and at the airport or kiosk machine, you are required to pay 60 USD.
- The excess baggage fees during the booking are 85 USD, 95 USD during online check-in, 95 USD before online check-in, and 100 USD at the airport/kiosk ticket booking counter.
- If your bag weighs in the range of 18-23 kg, you have to pay 30 USD per excess baggage.
- If your bag’s weight is in the range of 23-32 kg, you must pay 55 USD per excess baggage.
What Is The Baggage Weight Limit For Spirit Airlines?
Spirit airline's baggage weight limit is 18 kilograms. If your bag weighs more than 18 kg, you will have to pay Spirit Airlines baggage fees for overweight baggage.
How to avoid Baggage fees on Spirit Airlines?
Paying extra money for baggage can be quite distressing. There are some ways through which you can avoid paying extra money for your baggage. In order to save your money and eliminate any baggage fees, you can try the following ways.
- Try to take only a personal item with you as it is absolutely free.
- Make sure your baggage is within the permitted weight and dimension limit.
- Become a member of the Spirit Saver$ Club.
How much does Spirit Airlines charge for carry-on luggage?
Spirit Airlines charges different fees for carry-on luggage as compared with checked baggage. The carry-on baggage fee is mentioned below.
- You are required to pay 55 USD at the airport booking center or kiosk.
- You must pay 65 USD at the gate of the airport.
- If you are making an online check-in, you are required to pay 45 USD before and during the check-in.
- While you are making the reservation, you have to pay 35 USD.