Jetblue Baggage Policy and Fees
Passengers who are willing to plan the vacation can reserve the flight journey with JetBlue airlines. When you book the flight travel, you need to understand the rules and regulations to carry the bags on the travel. JetBlue provides the unique requirements to take your bags on the plane. To know about JetBlue baggage policy, you can proceed further and get the necessary details.
How much is JetBlue Airlines baggage fees?
The baggage fees depend on multiple factors, such as the number of bags, destination, excess weight, and size. If your bags exceed the general requirement, you need to pay the JetBlue Airlines baggage fees, which will vary between $35 to $200.
What is the baggage weight limit on JetBlue?
JetBlue airlines allow you to take a carry-on and checked luggage on travel. The maximum weight of carry-on bags can be 15 lbs., and checked luggage can be 22.68 kg in total.
How many bags can you take on JetBlue for free?
The number of bags varies on the destination and travelers with JetBlue airlines. Following are the baggage restriction with JetBlue airlines that you can carry on the plane.
- Passengers can carry one personal item on the board that fits properly underneath their flight seat.
- The size of the carry-on bags must not be more than 17" L (43.2 cm) x 13" W (33 cm) x 8" H (20.32 cm).
- Apart from this, JetBlue TrueBlue members can carry personal bags of dimensions not more than 22" L (55.88 cm) x 14" W (35.56 cm) x 9" H (22.86 cm).
- The basic blue passengers cannot take carry-on bags on the travel to their preferred destination. For this, you need to pay specific fees or charges according to the number of bags.
- According to this, you can carry up to two checked bags free of charge for the destination.
- Each bag must be within certain dimensions that do not exceed 62" or (157.48 cm) in length, height, and weight.
- The maximum weight of the bags can be within 50 pounds or (22.68 kg) in total.
- If your bags exceed the general requirements, they will be considered overweight and oversized.
Overweight and oversized bags:
- Bags that don't meet the dimensions can only be boarded after paying the fees or charges.
- You need to pay fees of $150 for bags between 51 lbs. to 99 lbs.
- For bags between 63 inches to 80 inches, including wheels and handles, JetBlue will charge fees of more than $150.
- You can carry a maximum of 10 bags per passenger; otherwise, JetBlue will deny boarding.
How to avoid Baggage fees on JetBlue?
If you wish to avoid the baggage fees, you must pick one carry-on luggage on the travel. Moreover, the size and weight of the checked bags must be within the appropriate requirements. You must also not carry extra luggage on the travel to avoid the fees accordingly. You can also use the TrueBlue points to not pay the JetBlue baggage fees to take the luggage,
How much does JetBlue charge for carry-on luggage?
JetBlue will charge a fee of $65 for the carry-on bags that will be checked at the security gates. With this, you can take your first and second luggage on the plane. For the third bag, JetBlue will consider them as checked luggage.
How many bags can I Carry-on JetBlue?
You can take one piece of luggage as a carry-on with JetBlue airlines to fly to your suitable location. The bag's dimensions must be within 17" L (43.2 cm) x 13" W (33 cm) x 8" H (20.32 cm) to avoid any excess fees.