How do I select my seats in Air India?
When booking your flight ticket with Air India, if you have skipped the seat selection process, do not worry, as the airline provides the option to choose your preferred seat through the “Manage Booking” option. The process for Air India seat selection is not that complicated, and you can do it easily through the mobile app or the official website. If you need any assistance, customer service is always ready to assist you with the problem.
Air India Seat Selection policy
- Business and first-class ticket holders can select their seats without paying any charges.
- Economy class ticket holders can choose their preferred seat by paying some extra charges.
- Air India allows passengers to select any seat of their choice up to 4 hours before the flight departure.
- If any passenger skips the seat selection, the airline will automatically assign you a seat, and there is a high chance it will be a middle seat.
- The passenger must fulfill the eligibility criteria to book the exit front-row seat.
- The charges for seat selection are refundable, but if the passenger changes the booking 48 hours before the departure, the airline will not refund the amount.
Modes to select your seat with Air India
There are three modes available that a passenger can use to select a seat with Air India. You can make changes to your booking or check in with the airline to select the seat. To know about the process for these methods, you can go through the given information:
Through Online mode - The first and the most effective mode to select a seat with Air India is through the mobile app or the official website. You have to provide the reservation details and choose from the availability. If you want to know about the process for seat selection through the online mode, then follow the given instructions:
- Locate the Air India official website.
- Get to the “Manage booking” section.
- Write down your “Booking code” and “Passenger’s Last name.”
- Click on the option to choose a seat.
- Then you have to select from the available seats.
- If there is any amount for your seat, then pay for it and download the updated flight information.
Through Kiosk - If you are unable to choose a seat through the online mode, then no problem, as you can also use the Kiosk device at the airport to check in with the airline. Enter your booking details and other information, and then you can select from the availability. After that, the device will provide you with the boarding pass.
Through check-in counter - The last mode to select a seat is through the check-in counter at the airport. Provide your booking details and the other relevant information to the representative, who will then share your information on all the available seats and reserve it for you. If you have any queries, then you can speak directly and get a quick response.
After going through the above details, you must know about the different modes of selecting a seat and the airline policy. You can get to the official website for more information about the airline. Still, if you need any help, get through with customer service, and they will guide you.
- How can I cancel my Indigo flight online?
- Do we need Covid test for travel from India to USA?
- How to modify seat in Indigo flight?
- How can I choose my seat on Vistara?
- How can I reschedule my IndiGo flight ticket?
- How can I change my name in IndiGo flight ticket?
- How do I check in online with IndiGo?
- How can I select my seat in IndiGo Airlines?
- How do I add a seat to my SpiceJet after booking?
- Is JetBlue a top airline?