American Airlines, unlike others airlines, also implemented COVID-19 testing requirements for specific flights to ensure the safety and well-being of its passengers and crew. In this article, we will explore the American Airlines covid test requirements and their cancellation policy in light of the pandemic; check through it to make your trip smooth and comfortable.
Does American Airlines require a Covid test to fly?
American Airlines itself does not require a Covid test to fly. However, it depends on the type of flight you are taking with American Airlines and also the destination you are flying to. Besides, here are the American Airlines covid test requirements international flights and Domestic flights for your reference.
American Airlines covid test requirements for international flights
- American Airlines requires children aged two years and older to present a negative result COVID-19 test; it should be taken within a specified timeframe before the scheduled departure.
- The COVID-19 tests which are acceptable include PCR (polymerase chain reaction), RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction), NAAT (nucleic acid amplification test), and LAMP (loop-mediated isothermal amplification).
- Rapid antigen tests are also accepted for flights departing from the United States but not for flights to the United States.
American Airlines covid test requirements for domestic flights
If you fly within the U.S.,currently, the airline does not require COVID-19 testing for passengers, regardless of their vaccination status. But the testing requirements might change over time; check the latest information on American Airlines' official website or speak to the airline directly.
What is American Airlines COVID cancellation policy?
- American Airlines has implemented flexible policies to accommodate passengers affected by the pandemic. The airline has eliminated change fees for all fare types, including Basic Economy, for travel within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- As per the policy, you can change your flight, such as changing the date or time, without incurring any additional fees. However, fare differences may still apply.
- For international flights and flights to other destinations, change fees might apply depending on the fare type and the specific circumstances.
- Suppose American Airlines cancels your flight for COVID-19-related reasons, such as travel restrictions or schedule changes. In that case, you might get options like rebooking, getting a travel credit, or obtaining a refund, based on your fare type.
American Airlines has implemented COVID-19 testing requirements for international flights. In regards to American Airlines covid test requirements domestic flights, no test is required within the United States. Moreover, if you still have any doubts or need further details, speak to the American Airlines career service directly.
- Do you need Covid test to fly Royal Jordanian?
- Does British Airways require a COVID test?
- Air France COVID-19 Test Requirements - Things to Know
- American Airlines COVID-19 test requirements
- Air Canada Baggage Policy and Fee
- Emirates Airlines COVID-19 Test Requirements
- How early do you have to check-in for Spirit Airlines?
- How early can I check-in for Singapore Airlines?
- What is Delta baggage policy and fees?
- How do I check in with Southwest airline?