If you are traveling with Southwest airlines, then you need to have your covid test done. There are some rules and regulations that have to be followed during covid 19. You can go through the Southwest Airlines COVID-19 Test Requirements below, which will help you fly with the airline without any hassle. The rules will make you safe before traveling to your dream destination.
If the passenger travels into the United States, it must provide contact tracing information. According to the contact tracing information, every citizen should provide their details within 72 hours before the flight's departure. The information includes name, staying address, primary phone number, secondary data, and email address.
This information has to be given when you pay for your ticket or while checking in.
Suppose you are a non-US citizen or non-US immigrant ( not a US citizen, US national, lawful permanent resident, and if you are traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa ). In that case, you must provide a fully vaccinated certificate and fill out the attestation form before boarding.
Do I need a Covid test to fly with Southwest Airlines?
Yes, you need to have a covid test to fly with Southwest airlines because if you are not fully vaccinated, the airline will not allow you to board a flight to the United States. But if you meet some of the criteria, you will fall under exception proclamation, and CDC amended order. The following criteria are mentioned below.
- If the passenger is on diplomatic or official foreign government travel.
- If you are a child under 18 years of age.
- If the passenger has a medical document contradicting to receiving a covid 19 vaccine.
- If the passenger has been participating in certain covid 19 vaccine trials.
- If you are a member of the US armed forces on their spouses or children (under 18 years of age )
- If you are a member of a sea crew traveling with a C1 and D non immigrant visa.
Southwest Airlines Covid-19 travel requirements
Once you are at the airport, then there are some of the Southwest airlines covid rules that need to be in consideration. These rules are flexible and designed for the passengers so that everyone can travel without any disturbances.
According to the airline authority, you need to perform a test for COvid 19 if you have some symptoms. If you are positive, then you do not fly and instead isolate for five days.
The airline advises to wear a well-fitting, high-quality mask that is ideally an N95 or equivalent for 10 days within the exposure. You need to test yourself at least 5 days after exposure. If the test is positive, then get isolated for five days, and if it is negative, then go to the isolation for five days; on the other hand, if it is negative, then continue to wear a mask for 10 days duration.
- If you wish to rebook or cancel your reservation, then you need to visit the airline site to book online.
- You can bring sanitizer as well as wipes on board in their carry-on bags.
- If you have doubts, then you can connect with the Southwest customer service executive via the toll-free number 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
- How can I cancel my Indigo flight online?
- Do we need Covid test for travel from India to USA?
- How to modify seat in Indigo flight?
- How can I choose my seat on Vistara?
- How can I reschedule my IndiGo flight ticket?
- How can I change my name in IndiGo flight ticket?
- How do I check in online with IndiGo?
- How can I select my seat in IndiGo Airlines?
- How do I add a seat to my SpiceJet after booking?
- Is JetBlue a top airline?