Delta Airlines takes pride in flying to 275 destinations with around 200 million passengers on domestic and international routes. Delta Airlines takes care that every passenger must receive their baggage in proper condition on reaching their destinations, and no one should face any baggage issues with delayed and damaged baggage.
What is Delta Airlines baggage policy?
If traveling on a Delta flight, please be aware of the Delta Baggage policy to understand the allowance and restrictions.
- If you are traveling in the next 24 hours on a Delta flight, please do an online check-in and check in the baggage with Delta Airlines.
- Passengers have to pay a baggage fee for checked baggage on Delta Airlines.
- On a Delta flight, one carry-on bag and one small personal item can be taken free of cost.
- The baggage fee and maximum weight allowed may differ based on the fare type, destination, and the Delta flights chosen for the journey.
- The baggage fee will be charged each way of the journey for a roundtrip on Delta Airlines.
- Sky miles members may pay their baggage fees with miles instead of paying by cash.
- The carry-on baggage must fit in the overhead counter or under the passenger seat on the Delta flight.
- No sharp objects, weapons, or other banned items should be carried in the baggage.
- Passengers are requested not to keep cash, jewelry, or precious items in the checked baggage.
How much is Delta baggage fees?
To know the Delta baggage fees, please read the illustration below:
For tickets on Main cabin or Delta comfort:
- 30 USD for the first checked baggage
- 40 USD for second checked baggage.
- One carry-on bag and personal time for free.
For Delta Sky miles members and American Express card members
- One checked baggage can be carried for free with a carry-on.
Delta Airlines baggage policy and fees vary depending on the route, destination, cabin class, and frequent flyer status. Here's a general overview of the policy and fees:
Delta allows passengers to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item (such as a purse or laptop bag) onboard. The carry-on bag must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you, and the personal item must fit under the seat.
Delta's checked baggage allowance and fees vary depending on the route and cabin class. Generally, for domestic flights within the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Delta charges $30 for the first checked bag and $40 for the second checked bag. For international flights, the first checked bag is free for most destinations, but fees may apply for additional bags or overweight/oversized bags.
If you exceed the baggage allowance, Delta charges excess baggage fees. The fees vary depending on the route and cabin class.
Delta allows passengers to bring sports equipment, such as golf clubs or skis, as checked baggage or carry-on baggage. Fees may apply, and restrictions may vary depending on the equipment.
If you need to bring special items, such as musical instruments or fragile items, Delta recommends contacting the airline in advance to make arrangements.
It's always a good idea to check Delta's website or contact the airline directly to confirm the
What size is carry-on for Delta?
To learn regarding the Delta carry on size, please go through the description here:
- Delta Airlines does not have a specific weight for a carry on but a few conditions.
- The check in baggage must fit in the overhead bin or below the seat.
- No knitting needles, razors, and other sharp objects can be carried onboard.
- Assistive medical devices are not subject to the carry on rules.
For more information on Carry on baggage, please contact Delta customer service.
Do you get 1 free checked bag with Delta?
Yes, if you are a SkyMiles member or a medallion member of Delta Airlines, one free checked baggage will be allowed for the journey. Do the steps below to get free checked baggage:
- Enter the Sky miles or medallion membership number while booking or check in for the Delta flight in the “My Loyalty” section.
- Get a waiver on the fee of first checked baggage.
How much does it cost to take extra luggage on Delta?
If you are carrying extra baggage on a Delta flight, please know that an extra baggage fee will be payable according to the following factors:
- If the baggage weighs 23 kg - 31.75kg, 100 USD will be charged.
- If the baggage weighs 32 kg - 45.36 kg, 200 USD will be charged.
- Baggage exceeding 45.36 kg or 100 lbs will not be permitted by Delta Airlines.
How do I get 2 free checked bags on Delta?
- If you are a Delta Medallion member, you can get a waiver of two free checked baggage on a Delta flight.
- If medallion members are traveling in a group of 8 or more passengers, 2 free checked baggage will be given.
- A medallion member traveling on Delta one or first class can carry up to 2 free checked baggage.
Does Delta have free baggage for international flights?
- If you are going to the USA or Canada, one free checked in baggage with the regular baggage allowance.
- Depends on the fare type, destinations, and membership of Delta Airlines.
- How can I cancel my Indigo flight online?
- Do we need Covid test for travel from India to USA?
- How to modify seat in Indigo flight?
- How can I choose my seat on Vistara?
- How can I reschedule my IndiGo flight ticket?
- How can I change my name in IndiGo flight ticket?
- How do I check in online with IndiGo?
- How can I select my seat in IndiGo Airlines?
- How do I add a seat to my SpiceJet after booking?
- Is JetBlue a top airline?